Social Icons

Thursday, December 20, 2012

058 This Really Is Working!

Last night was our annual #WinningSM Youth Christmas party. We had a blast! We had snacks (ok, Jimmy didn't have snacks but I did) and we played a gift exchange game. Jimmy also gave his annual gift to one lucky youth. BUT the best part of all of it for me is that tonight I got to hear Jimmy say "I look skinnier" for the first time tonight!

It's one thing to see the numbers go down and down on the scale, and don't get me wrong we feel great about the numbers going down. However, it is a whole other ball of wax to feel those changes and to see them when you look at yourself in a video, photos, or the mirror. That's what happened last night.

We got home from the Christmas party and Jimmy decided he wanted to watch the video of him giving his gift to Adri. After the second time of watching it, he turned to me and said, "Hey, I look skinnier! This is actually working!" I wanted to say "Duh!" but I resisted the temptation. I just smiled and let him continue to enjoy his moment of realization and the funny video.

Don't take our word for it though. I am including the video so you can see for yourself how great Jimmy is looking, and so you can get a good laugh at how funny teenagers are when something unexpected happens. I hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment