Social Icons

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

057 A Family Recipe: Tender Baked Chicken Breast

Stage 3 Day 2 Dinner: 1 oz. green beans and 2 oz. of
Grandma's Tender Baked Chicken Breast
Last night I was thrilled to be able to use a recipe that my Grandma Miller taught me when I was in college to make some amazing and juicy baked chicken breast. It was nice on two levels. Number one, I know that I don't have to scratch all the recipes that I have ever used before. Most importantly is Number two. It made me feel good to use a recipe my Grandma taught me--no matter how simple it may be!

Luckily for you there are no secret family ingredients included so I thought that I would share it with you. It's a great recipe to make for anyone who is allowed to have foods which are high in protein and low in fat. Plus the chicken really does stay tender and juicy so it reduces the risk that it will get stuck in the stomach of a bariatric patient and reduces the need for barbecue sauce or ketchup.

Please realize that this recipe is the version I reduced down for Jimmy and I to share because he now eats much less than before. Also in the picture above I have cut the chicken in tiny bite size pieces which aides with his digestion, and has the added benefit of helping him to slow down the pace at which he eats. So anyway...here it is!






Grandma's Recipe for Tender Baked Chicken Breast

Ingredients:

  • 1 large chicken breast (we shared)
  • 1.5 T Light Mayo (approx.)
  • Mrs. Dash or other seasoning to taste (Mrs. Dash is great because it is low in salt but high in flavor)
Instructions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Place chicken on baking sheet and evenly cover it with a thin layer of the light Mayo (top side only)
  3. Sprinkle enter mayo covering with Mrs. Dash
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked through
  5. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment