Before I get into that, I wanted to stop and say a HUGE THANK YOU to my Mom (Janice) who came up and stayed with us for the whole first week after Jimmy's surgery. Mom being here took a ton of stress off me and allowed me to be able to go to work (since I have limited vacation time) and know that there would be someone at home to help Jimmy (and keep him in line :) . Things really would have been a whole lot harder without her around. Thanks, Mom! You are greatly appreciated and we couldn't have done it without you!
|Mom and me enjoying our time together!|
This includes everything that Jimmy was allowed during his Post-Op Stage 1 diet (Refresh Your Memory Here) plus the following foods/drinks:
- Eggs (poached, steamed or scrambled & may add melted cheese for protein)
- Cottage Cheese (nonfat or 1%)
- Yogurt that does not have fruit chunks in it (must be no sugar added and have less than 20g Carbohydrates per serving)
- Fat Free of Low Fat cream soup (strained--no chunks) or Fat Free Tomato soup
- Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat (no sugar added and thinned with skim or 1% milk)
- Sugar Free Pudding
- Applesauce (no sugar added)
- Mashed Potatoes, sweet or white (thinned with milk but may add melted cheese for extra protein)
- Sugar free ice cream or frozen yogurt. Avoid sherbet.
- Sugar free jello
- Sugar free popsicles
- Herbs, Spices, Salt, & Pepper
- Creamy peanut butter (less than 5g of Sugar per serving & may be used in small amounts to add protein to foods such as oatmeal, yogurt, and/or protein drinks)
- Protein drinks (a minimum of 15g Protein per serving and less than 20g Carbs per serving)
- Powdered protein drinks may now be used.
- Skim or 1% Milk
- Soy Milk (less than 20g Carbohydrates per serving)
- Tomato juice, V-8 juice, Diet V-8 Splash. Avoid V Fusion products
- A Maximum of 4oz. Fruit Juice per day (100% juice with no sugar added)