Social Icons

Thursday, December 6, 2012

048 Is This Real Life?

Here we are nearing the end of gastric sleeve post-op week three. I can't believe that it has already been three weeks since Jimmy's surgery. Most of what I am having trouble believing are the numbers. Let me explain.

At this point, Jimmy and I have noticed small physical changes, but we are seeing astronomical changes in the number on the scale! I mean come on 73 lbs! It just blows your mind. In some ways it just doesn't seem real!

I believe that part of the unbelief is that we haven't see radical changes in his physical appearance yet. Some of the changes that I am sure are happening I know that I probably have missed seeing because I see Jimmy every day. There have been other people who have said how good Jimmy looks and that he looks SO MUCH thinner but I am only seeing small changes right now.

It's funny and I am chuckling to myself even as I write this but I am probably going to wake up some day and wonder what the fairy godmother did to my husband. He will "magically" turn from one thing to another "overnight" and I will be totally amazed! I know that I am going to see some pretty amazing and radical stuff--especially over the next year--I just haven't noticed it yet.

Jimmy and I are just asking, "Is this real life?"

Hope this post made you smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment